Church of Sufjan:Beginner's Guide to Sufjan
From Church of Sufjan
Never heard of this guy Sufjan Stevens before? Or maybe you heard a few of his songs, and wanted to know more? Here's a short guide to get you started.
 Essential Knowledge
 Quick Facts
Some things that every Sufjan fan must know:
- It's pronounced SOOF-yahn (rhymes with "roof-lawn")
- His best known album is called Illinois NOT "Illinoise" or "Come on Feel the Illinoise"
- He no longer plans to release an album for every state.
- Hometown: Detroit, Michigan
- Current Town: Brooklyn, New York
- Although this site's logo is a banjo, Sufjan regularly plays nearly every instrument on his albums.
- If you think a song might have a biblical allusion or religious reference, you're probably right.
 About the Albums
- A Sun Came - Mixture of folk and world music
- Michigan - Mostly folk
- Seven Swans - Folk
- Enjoy Your Rabbit - Avant-garde Electronica
- Illinois - Orchestral indie folk/pop
- The Avalanche - Additional tracks from the Illinois recording sessions
- Songs for Christmas - a box set of annual christmas CDs in Sufjan's full range of styles
- The BQE (soundtrack) - Orchestral suite made to accompany an experimental film
- All Delighted People (EP) - The more acoustic and orchestral songs recorded at the same time as "The Age of Adz" but slowly transitioning into Adz with edgy guitar solos.
- The Age of Adz - Largely electronic songs, with orchestral and folk influences.